The Coaching Leadership course comprises two 2-day modules including an evening, and a final 1-day module. The course alternates between practical assignments with own case histories, opportunities for self-reflection, coaching theory and learning to work with practical tools.
Who am I as coach and leader?
- Insight into personal themes related to your role as leader
- Mainspring/motivation to be a coaching leader
- Examining the role emotions play during coaching and learning to deal with them
- Understanding how you both make and avoid contact
- Learning basic communication skills for coaching
- Coaching context
- Structuring coaching sessions
- Practicing how to lead and follow in meetings
- Dealing with resistance
- Making conscious choices for style/approach
- Boosting your personal style
Coach and lead in practice
- Dealing with role changes and assembling a coaching toolkit
- Integrating 'you as leader' - method - context
- Working with own case histories
Introductory interview and coaching session
The course is preceded by an extensive introductory telephone interview with one of the course trainers covering your learning objectives and expectations. Between modules 1 and 2 you will have a one-on-one coaching session of 1.5 hours with one of your course trainers/coaches. During this session you and your coach further explore your learning objectives and coaching experience.
- You know and optimize your own coaching style
- You understand yourself and the effect you have on others in coaching sessions
- You grasp the possibilities and limitations inherent in coaching your own team; you do not take on more than your share of responsibility
- Your team now takes the initiative and you see team developer
- This program is for people holding leadership positions at all levels of an organization between the ages of 28 to 55. Leadership experience is not as important as your desire to be a coaching leader and your willingness to reflect on your own actions and their effect on others. To participate you must have worked at least 1 or 2 years in a leadership position and you must bring along your own case histories to practice with during the course.
This program has a minimum of 6 and maximum of 12 participants.